10.28.2008

Surprised by Joy

I keep wanting to say, "it was one of those days."  You know, the days where there is so much to do, and not enough time to do it and where it seems that everything you think could go wrong actually went wrong.  The thing is, it wasn't one of those days.  Yes, I had a gazillion things to do (so many in fact that I made up my own number to count them, hence gazillion).  I also had a share of things go wrong (like loosing my keys, or the projector being broken in the room that I was supposed to "teach" a class).  Despite this, I couldn't help but be joyful, and I'm not exactly sure why.  It was a good day.

With that being said, this morning I got an email from my professor telling me that he had a doctors appointment or something of the sort and asked me if I would show the video and lead the class in discussion.  My communication professors love me, but let me tell you that students don't like when their peers become their authority, especially when there could have been a chance of class being canceled.  Lucky for them we couldn't figure out the how to get both the audio and visual working simultaneously for the projector (ironic since it was media communication) so I sent them home early.  Anyway, I just thought it was funny that my professor asked me to "sub" for him even though I'm in the class; it was pretty flattering. 

I graduate in exactly 50 days!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are we going to PARTAY when you graduate? m?