10.03.2008

functional

Tonight Stephanie pointed out to me that I am a completely functional being. She was not referring to the fact that everything about me works, but rather that I make decisions based on the fact that it would be the most sensible or functional option. Some examples that she brought to my attention:

~I said I don't want a lot of sides or dishes at Thanksgiving this year, because we just don't need all the options. No one likes feeling obligated to eat a little bit of everything anyway.
~I threw away a candle because the wick broke off, instead of leaving the candle around for decoration.
~I want to elope someday because I can't justify spending that much money on a wedding. Steph and I have had to hear too much about weddings lately.
~Tonight I wanted to heat cider on the stove, so I opted for the tea pot to heat it rather than a regular pot so that it would be easier to directly poor into our mugs when it was finished.
~I don't like having random vases with nothing in them sitting around.
~I go through my clothes multiple times a year to weed out things I don't wear anymore so that I only keep in my closet what I will actually wear.

The list goes on. Yes, it's a little quirky, but I like this about myself. I think it will save me a lot of money, time, stress, or annoyance in the long run.

No comments: