9.01.2008

A Fresh Start

I can't believe it's September. This summer flew by so quickly. Normally I really don't like summer, but I feel like this was a good summer, which is probably why it zipped by without notice.

I like September for many reasons. First, it's where summer hands off it's seasonal duties to fall - my favorite time of the year. Second, it's a new beginning. School starts; a fresh start. I can start new good habits. If I were a smoker, this would be the time I would vow to quit cold-turkey. Instead I am going to commit to exercising more. Please don't ask me how I'm doing with my commitment next time you see me. Finally, Routines pick up again. Ah, routines. I get giddy just thinking about it. The wonder of knowing my schedule off the top of my head. It's heaven!

I've been praying that the Lord would give me more opportunities to auction.

Good news on the auction front! The other day I had a gentleman caller at my apartment at Bethel, but I wasn't around so Steph told him to come back later. He did, later that day, but I still wasn't there - I'm a busy girl, what can I say. Then he came back Saturday night, and I answered the door in my sweatpants and a Cooks of Crocus Hill T-Shirt with my hair in a crooked ponytail. He put out his hand for me to shake it and said, "Sarah, I am Dan. I am an auctioneer and I have wanted to meet you since I read the article about you last semester." I didn't mention the fact that it was Steph who wrote it. I was taken back. He is a junior at Bethel. I welcomed him in and we chatted for a bit. I told him that I mainly do benefit auctions, and he said that there is one in November and he would like me to do it with him! It's black tie. How fun is that?! Then he asked if I would ever consider doing any auctions other than benefit. I said that I would, but I haven't had any opportunity. He then explained that he works for an antique auction company and that they were short staffed! He's going to call his boss for me. Praise the Lord! Then the next morning, I got an email from my professor saying that she wanted to plan an auction to raise money to send students to the next CSCA conference in St. Louis. God is good.

I love fall. I am so happy school is starting tomorrow. I'm a nerd.

Side note: I hope I'm as good looking as Cindy McCain when I'm her age. Both Candidates have very beautiful wives, but only one candidate has a beautiful VP! No offense to Biden.

No comments: