9.28.2008

trying not to worry

Things keep coming up that generally prompt quite a bit of worry for me. Things like my car breaking again, or having too much due the next day, or having a friend come in from out of town but not being able to spend as much time with her as previously anticipated, or other things of that sort. The Lord is trying to teach me to have faith. Between the Sabbath book I read earlier this week and Brent's message today and an array of verses encouraging me to pray instead of worry, I am feeling that it is more than a subtle hint that it is something He thinks I need to work on. Sometimes I don't even know where to start with prayer in times of frustration, because I find myself just venting to God. I just want the peace he promises in Philippians.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything and tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 4:6-7


It seems so simple, yet sometimes it is so hard for me to remember it when my transmission is smelling funny and lights on my dashboard are blinking.

No comments: