9.15.2008

Tasting Fall

I didn't really think about fall until yesterday. Usually the start of school gets my mind completely in fall-mode. However, the fact that the first couple weeks of school were completely annoyingly hot gave my mind little room to think about the joys of autumn. Yesterday I was at a bridal shower (big surprise there) and they served pumpkin bars and candy corn. I remember thinking to myself, "hmm, that's weird." Then today I walked past Starbucks on my way out of the mall after work, only to be offered a sample of a Pumpkin Spice Frap. This I took rather eagerly mainly due the fact that I noticed that the sample was mostly filled with whipped topping (yum). I took a sip and that was when I realized that fall is emerging very quickly. To see autumn doesn't do it. I have to experience it. Taste the pumpkin, smell the spiced cider, and feel the crunch of leaves under my feet. I had my first taste of fall today.

No comments: