3.31.2009

I love Jesus but I drink a little.

As some of you may know, I do not work full time yet so I do spend some time in the mornings watching day time talk shows.  I don't watch The View, because, well, its The View and the women on it are stupid.  I don't watch Oprah because she thinks she is the greatest thing given to this planet and she's on at 4:00, and frankly I just have better things to do at that time.  I don't watch Tyra because she only talks about herself.  If you haven't noticed this about her before, please go and watch an episode to see how she will interview her guests and then turn the conversation around on herself.  I used to like Regis and Kelly because I think their chemistry is fantastic and Regis just makes me happy.  However, I have begun watching Ellen when I can and that's on at the same time as Regis.  Let me tell you why I like Ellen: she doesn't take herself or life too seriously.  A lot of talk show hosts convince themselves that they are changing the world by being on TV.  Ellen, on the other hand, is entertaining and she treats all of her guests with respect.  Plus, she begins every episode with dancing!  All this to say, watch this:

1 comment:

I believe in truth, action and the cocktail hour said...

Ohmygosh, I am Gladys.
And you are my Ellen. And I love you.

p.s. I just grated four cups of sweet potato for muffins tomorrow morning and my arm is so, so tired!