11.30.2008

Good Grief, Charlie Brown

I very much enjoyed my weekend for many reasons.  However, despite all of the fantastically wonderful things that happened this weekend, I must say that it is nice to be back at my apartment.  I love love love my family, but I need need need need my privacy.  I'm now back at my apartment enjoying the peace and quiet and my cranberry pine candle. 

Last night we watched a Charlie Brown Christmas.  It's obviously a classic that always triggers holiday spirit.  They just don't make Holiday movies that convey the same message anymore: the reason for the season is Jesus (also I would like to apologize for that rhyming...I didn't mean to do it and I refuse to change it).  I think that's what I love about it so much.  Linus brings all of the hustle and bustle back to where it needs to be.

Side note:  I love the original very much for the reasons listed above, but I also like this rendition created by the Scrubs cast (I'm also very excited that I have figured out this whole posting of youtube videos thing).  I apologize that it's not as wholesome as the original Charlie Brown Christmas, but it's Scrubs...what can you expect?



Enjoy this, my friends.

Pray that I can get through these next three weeks.

XOXO,
SJW

This is the verse to memorize for the series Brent is giving:
"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

No comments: