1.28.2009

Traffic Violation

I got pulled over.  No, not recently.  It was on March 18th, 2008.  Do you remember that?  I wrote an entry about it.  The entry was posted on March 19th, 2008.  Feel free to read it to trigger your memory.  Basically I got pulled over for speeding but as I wrote before:

"Anyway, the young officer had mercy on me and let me off with a warning and a citation that said I didn't have a valid proof of insurance on me, but I can call the number on the back of the sheet in a week and everything will be stricken from my record."
So I called a week later.  The citation hadn't been processed.  I called every couple days for two months and it still hadn't been processed.  So naturally I gave up.  Recently I got a notice in the mail saying that I had a court date regarding the citation.  What!?!  So I called the number on the back of the citation, which I still had saved in a file somewhere.  How organized am I? Holler. Get this...the citation still has not been processed.  How can I be going to court for a citation that was never processed?  I called the number one last time, but instead of hitting number 1 option "to pay for a citation," I hit number 2 "to talk to someone in the office."  Apparently Roseville's citation numbers changed.  Anyway, nearly a year later I finally figured it out.  Statefarm is faxing my information to the court place right now.  I am off the hook.  Ufda.  I think that's all the productivity that is required of me for the day.

No comments: