1.22.2009

Costume Jewelry, Pancakes, Social Security and Acne

I think I am going to start recording all of the Gloriaisms I hear while I live here then eventually put them together in a little book.  Here are a few of the gems:

"If you love costume jewelry, you know where you need to go?  New Orleans.  When I went down last year I got so many necklaces."

In regards to the pancake mix found in the fridge that expired in 2004 (she said this in a sarcastic tone):
"4 years!?! What are you bitchin' about?"

"I can't imagine anyone who would be calling the Social Security office that doesn't speak english."

After explaining to her all the reasons why my day sucked she added:
"...and your acne..."

I am so thankful for that woman.  I truly think she is one of the greatest women alive or who ever lived.  I would be lucky to turn out like her someday.  

So it doesn't look like I'll have to work retail full time.  No, I didn't get a different job.  The opportunity that I thought I may have with BE is no longer an option.  I'm still searching for something.  Whatever will be will be.  It's just life.

"But the LORD still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion.  For the LORD is a faithful God.  Blessed are those who wait for him to help them."
~Isaiah 30:18

No comments: