3.16.2008

Bangs

Yesterday was one of those days.

Let me remind you that I was still holding on selfishly to the tail end of my laryngitis.

I went to work. No big deal, because its work and I like it there.

However after work I went to Nordstroms to pick up a pair of jeans for my roommate that she was getting hemmed. When I gave the lady at Nordstroms her name, she could not find any trace of "Emily Rice"...but of course. I gave her other various names that are somehow connected to Emily, but none of them were attached to a pair of Sevens. They lost her jeans, but I think we'll be able to figure it out. The sales lady was super helpful throughout the whole process.

Then I walked around the mall and attempted to shop, but all of the lines were too long so I left.

I went out to my car and tried to turn the key and.....nothing. I did it again....nothing.....nothing....nothing....damn. So I called my dad who told me it was fine and that I should call AAA. So I called AAA and gave them my member number and the lady on the phone said, "Oh, well it looks like your membership was cancelled last June." Then I said, "Well, on my card it says it expires in June of 2008, and I guess I just don't understand how that can be." (please note that it was not in a sweet tone of voice, but rather in a tone that expressed "what the hell"). She knew just how to handle this situation, "Well, ma'am, we send out the cards with the bill to renew the membership. It looks like no one ever sent in your renewal payment." So I called my dad and asked him why he didn't renew my membership, but he must have just forgotten. Luckily a girl from my work had jumper cables. Really one of those things that I should have. It's not like I don't have room for them in my car...I drive a station wagon. We cut off a few angry shoppers in the parking lot to get a spot near my car, and found a kind stranger to give us a tutorial on jumping cars: Reviving Dead Batteries 101. It worked so I drove home, however it is still dead.

Then I came home and did absolutely no homework, on the evening that I had set aside solely for homework. It gets worse. I got bored and tried to give myself bangs. We all know that that is ALWAYS a bad idea. So now I have bad bangs and because I am close to broke (and the Brothel is closed...jk) I have to decide between a new car battery or a hair cut. I need both desperately. What to do...

No comments: