4.28.2009

Priorities

I've still been trying to figure out this whole getting rid of idols thing.  I want God to be my #1 priority, but I get confused with how to balance that with living.  I'm not great at multi-tasking.  So as I continue to meditate on this, I am figuring out ways to make God my number one while still functioning in society.  So far this is what I have:

  • Observe the Sabbath to keep it Holy (Deuteronomy 5:12) - based on my study yesterday.
  • Commit your way the Lord (Psalm 37:5).
  • Rejoice always (1 Thessalonians 5:16)
  • Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
  • Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
  • Love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39)
  • Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (Matthew 22:37) - sometimes I still struggle with knowing what this looks like.
  • Make disciples (Matthew 28:19)
So I think I'm realizing that the Lord makes his will for us something that we can do in ANY situation.  It's much more simple than I often make it.

No comments: