2.12.2009

Dry Clean Only

I hate buying clothes that are dry clean only.  I feel like it costs more money to maintain dry clean only clothes than it does to purchase it in the first place.  Kate, you know what I mean with all of your skirts.  The other day I bought Dryel.  You know, the dry cleaning sheets that you can use to "dry clean" your clothes in your own personal dryer.  Sadly I only got the refills.  Apparently I am supposed to have some sort of bag so that they can be steamed.  I thought about putting them in a pillow case, but instead I put them in a bag I owned that I thought might do a decent job.  They are in there right now.  I hope that it doesn't ruin them because in the bag I have three of my favorite articles of clothing:
- My little black wrap dress.  I'm planning on wearing it to a wedding on Saturday but Ellie stunk it up when she dressed it down to wear to school.  Little black dresses are not meant to be dressed down.
- My black wool pencil skirt.  It fits like a glove.  I got it on sale at Ann Taylor Loft a couple of years ago and has been a staple in my wardrobe ever since.  I don't know if I can go on without it.  I have not been able to find a black pencil skirt as perfect since I got this one.
- My highlighter yellow cardigan.  Okay, this isn't one of my absolute favorite pieces, but I still love it and don't want it to be ruined.  It's that material that after you wear it once it smells like B.O. even if you didn't break a sweat at all.  Gross. It's so cute and I've only worn it once because of it's need to be dry cleaned.  

All this to say that I really hope this works.  It will utterly break my heart if it doesn't.

No comments: