7.28.2008

Sie haben Uber Kommen

I couldn't think of a heading for this post. This is "you have arrived" in German. I only know, because when my mom and I were in Nashville, we tried using our GPS as it spoke auf Deutsch.

Sometimes I have too many thoughts to successfully put them in what would seem to be a coherent paragraph.

Oswald Chambers had something wonderful to say today, as usual. I won't give ya'll the whole thing, just blurbs.

...We have the idea that God is leading us toward a particular end or a desired goal, but He is not...His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, to goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me...It is the process, not the outcome that is glorifying to God...

It sort of reminds me of what Spencer said yesterday about being meek (not mousey meets weak). We are submissive under God's power daily.

I like that.

Also, I really appreciate Neil Young. Although his out spoken liberal views drive me absolutely nuts, his music puts me at ease in a way no other music does. Especially his Harvest Moon Album

No comments: