2.16.2006

Sexual Abuse Tonight!

No lie, today I opened my e-mail where I had 2 new messages. The first subject line read, "Taylor Storey (Cedarville) has written on your wall" the subject line on my second e-mail read this, "Sexual Abuse Tonight!" Do you ever have those moments where you read something and move on then it sinks in and you think to yourself, "Good Gracious! That's not right" so you go back and read it again only to find that someone has made a horrible error. It was one of those things where I began to chuckle and I turned around to see if there was anyone around to share this experience with, but there was no one. Although, since it was a mass e-mail, I do wonder if there were any other souls out there who noted the irony in the e-mail heading. I always hear Jay Leno reading those weird typos on his talk show, and I laugh at the creativity of the hoax, but being the rational person I am, I always assumed they were made up. Now the good Lord has shown me the truth: people who mean well may write things like, "Sexual Abuse Tonight!" when they really mean, "Sexual Abuse Discussion Tonight!" I'm thankful that we can laugh at the comic events of everyday life.

3 comments:

The Colonel said...

that's pretty funny Sar, though kind of scary... the title of the email almost sounds like an invitation. And that would mos def be something for Leno

Mr Caleb said...

really too bad that wasnt on a flyer or in the school paper or something...

Anonymous said...

I love you Sarah, darling. I think about you and comfortable things come to mind- like crocheted blankets, hot cocoa and hugs. You're a comfortable person and I want to cuddle with you soon, so lets make a date! XOXOXO

love you more than anyone outside of your immediate family,

Kate