12.16.2005

B35

I think I am spoiled when it comes to flying. I usually love the airport. How could I not? The Minneapolis airport is like a whole shopping center. Now I sit here in terminal B35 in the Columbus International airport, thankful for free wireless connection. I honestly don't know what I would do with out my Mac. Read? I guess. I only have one book on my carry on. Don't Waste your life by John Piper. I have had it for a while and I kind of wanted to read it before faithwalkers, so I guess this is the perfect time. I just realized that I forgot to tip the guy at curb-side check. Oops. I didn't have any cash anyway. I hope he actually puts my baggage on the flight. Now I'm just being paranoid. I think it's kind of fun to watch people and guess what their lives are like. For example, to my left is a woman in her late 20s/early 30s who just finished her chinese food and is now munching on a bag of Doritos. She is reading USA Today. Is she leaving home, or going home, or merely at a layover? I wish we could know these things. She looks like a business Rep for some small firm. She looks like she's from Ohio (that's not a bad thing, it's just a fact). She lacks a wedding ring. 30 and single. That's got to be rough on a woman when it seems like the rest of her world is married. Maybe her food comforts her. I actually think she's going to Detroit, because that flight leaves about 2 hours before mine. She'll arive to her hotel around 9 tonight, take off her shoes and try to find something worth while on TV. Home Decorating channel, no doubt. Once again her thoughts will return to how she wishes she could just have a family so she could decorate her little house. After 2 and a half hours of a Ty Pennington marathon, she will pull the nasty comforter off the bed and sleep with the blankets still left on the mattress. She'll only be in Detroit for 3 days tops, for business, then come home and go over to her brother and sister in-law's home for Christmas. Maybe I should stop analyzing peoples lives, because I think she's getting a little weirded out that I keep looking over there. Well, now that I have established that the airport is thoroughly boring. I think I'm going to either read or find something to eat. I'll be home for Christmas.

No comments: