5.13.2006

Grown up

So the other night I was sitting and talking to some of my friends. One is a pre-med, another business marketing, and when I asked the other one her major she said accounting. I replied, "I'm majoring in a-counting too. For the rest of my life I'll be with kindergarteners just a-counting and a-counting." She didn't think it was that funny.


I don't know if I even want to be a teacher. I think I do, because there is no other major that I think I could absolutely love. Honestly, I think all I want to do when I grow up is serve Jesus. As much as I would like to marry a pre-med major here at Bethel and live comfortably, I don't think I could spend my time getting pedicures when deep down I know I'm called to something greater.

I couldn't live with myself if I knew I was living for myself.

No comments: