11.29.2005

Fine Print

The guy at US bank said it would be more convenient for me if the bank sent my statements to my parent's home instead of my address at school. Ok, he must know best. I was just home for thanksgiving and my mom was like, "You need to talk to US bank; you over drafted" Ouch. One thing you must know about me is that I am a religious checkbook balancer. There is no way on this earth that I could have over drafted. Apparently I overdrafted on 2 items. There was a $33 charge on each. So I was $66 in the hole. Yeah that stinks, so I went down there today to work it out. Apparently they charge you $7 for every day you neglect to take care of the issue. Since I don't recieve my statements, I didn't know about this until this weekend and wan't able to take care of it until today. At the end of the conversation with the bank teller I asked how much I owed. Are you sitting down? $150. Unbelievable; I cried. In fact, I'm still crying. I forgot to record one transaction that I still have the reciept for. The first time in the 3 years that I've had a checking account. US bank has no grace.

Don't you hate those days that you just pray and pray for a blessing because you know that's the only way you can make it. It's one of those days, and I haven't seen a blessing yet.

No comments: